Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find the answer to your question below, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
What happens after I register?
- After registrations close on 15 September, we start creating the teams.
- This takes a couple of weeks.
- Once the teams have been put together we start contacting the Coaches.
- If you have put your hand up to help, you will hear from us towards the end of September.
- Once the Coaches have their teams, they will make contact with you by the end of the school holidays, 13 October.
What if I miss the registration deadline?
- We usually get a few registrations after the deadline and we really do not like to turn players away.
- However, if your registration is late, it may take a while longer before you hear back from us about a team placement.
When and where will my team train?
- Training sessions are set by the Coaches – generally, this is in consultation with the team and the most preferable day/time is chosen.
What clothing do I need?
- Weedons Cricket Club supplies all junior and youth players with a Club shirt and cap.
- The cap is given to the player for life but new caps can also be purchased for $10 if they need a replacement.
- If your child requires a larger shirt, please discuss this with your Coach at the first training session.
- Players need to supply and wear white shorts for Section 4 and Section 3 and long white pants for Section 2 and Section 1.
What is happening with Year 8 this year?
- Year 8 players will play in Section 1 from October until December.
- After Christmas, we will be forming a new Youth Team who will play in the Year 9/10 competition.
Junior Cricket Rules
- The latest rules for each Section can be found on the Canterbury Country Cricket website. Click the button below to go to their webpage.